While most people are enthusiastic about celebrating a white Christmas this season, others are more concerned with keeping their family safe from the possible dangers the winter weather may bring. These dangers may include unexpected freezing, busted household pipes, as well as power outages caused by falling trees breaking through electrical lines due to heavy snow. Do not forget the infamous black ice that is always being sneaky on the roads while you drive. Most of these hazards are frequently unforeseen and this is why you should seriously consider getting a home and auto insurance policy.
If you have experienced any of these unfortunate situations, you should call your insurance agent for assistance. When filing home insurance claims, be prepared to provide all the necessary information to your provider so that you can be sure of an efficient process. Here are the usual and important questions you should be ready to answer if you are making a claim with your home insurance provider:
- What was the cause of the damage?
- Which property was damaged?
- What is the extent of the damage?
- Will temporary repairs be needed?
- Where can you be reached?
- When is the most appropriate time to contact you?
Moreover, when making a claim with car insurance, it is best to call your agent from the exact place when the accident occurred. You should also be calm and concentrate on what is around you. Here are the questions you should be prepared for:
- Where and where did the accident happen?
- What caused the accident?
- Were there any other cars involved?
- Describe the car that was in the accident.
- Were there people injured?
- Were there any witnesses?
- Where is the nearest police department that you contacted?
Your insurance company will contact you after you have filed your claim. Your policy will be discussed so that you know the next necessary steps to take. Also, your other concerns will surely be answered during this time.
Make it a habit to practice good safety habits to avoid any alarming accidents. It is always best to make your personal and family safety your first priority. Call your preferred insurance provider and get your home and auto insured.