With autumn looming straight ahead, now is a perfect time to start getting your car ready for the upcoming winter season. Right now, you still have mild weather but the days are getting shorter so you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity.
- Get your oil checked. The best thing to do is to ask for the multi grad viscosity oil for better winter maintenance of your car.
- Replace your wiper blades. Snow and ice are brutal on your blades and before you know it, they could be falling apart. It’s also a good idea to keep a spare set laying around just in case.
- Fill up your windshield wiper fluid. Doing this can prevent your fluid from freezing up.
- Check out your engine’s coolant. You may want to also consider doing a flush and fill depending on the look of the coolant. Otherwise just add antifreeze.
- Replace your belts and hoses as needed.
- Getting a tune up right before the big storm hits is a good idea, especially if you’ve gone over 25,000 miles without one.
- Check your tires. It is important that you have the best tires your car will need facing this upcoming winter season. Snow tires with traction and all weather tires are good for this type of weather and you can also consider getting chains.
Most importantly, make sure you have the best car insurance coverage you will need for protection against any accidents that may occur. The Jordan Insurance Group can help you with that.